Is Local SEO Still Relevant? More Than Ever!
Local SEO is all over the place – and then it’s not. One minute it’s the flavor of the month, and the next, it seems like everybody has forgotten about it.
For that reason, you might be wondering:
Is local SEO still relevant?
The answer is a resounding YES – in fact, we’d argue that it’s more important than ever before. Let’s talk about why.
The State of Local SEO
Let’s start by reviewing some key statistics regarding local SEO. Here’s what you need to know:
- 50% of consumers who do a local search on their smartphone – and 34% of those who search on a tablet – make a visit to a local business establishment in the next 24 hours.
- 18% of all mobile searches lead to a purchase within a day
- 93% of searches with local keywords return the coveted Google three-pack at the top of the search engine results page
- 60% of all adults use their mobile devices to research local businesses
These aren’t alternative facts – they’re the proof that local SEO still looms large for business.
What Happens If You Ignore Local SEO?
Maybe you’re not convinced. After all, optimizing your site for local search can be time-consuming and expensive, especially if you need to hire someone to handle it for you.
What’s the worst thing that could happen if you ignored local SEO? Here are some ways that it can hurt you.
- Inaccurate online listings, also known as NAP listings, can dilute your online presence and negatively impact your rank on Google.
- The lower your Google rank, the less organic traffic your website will get.
- You’ll likely miss out on a spot in the Google three-pack – which means your competitors will be there instead.
- Your competitors will get the lion’s share of traffic – and business.
In other words, skimping on local SEO can cost your business money and customers. Is that a risk you want to take?
See our next article…